Top Social

Recently Read #18 | 3 books I read in June

Friday 19 July 2019
3 mini book reviews of books I read in June. [pile of books]

Let's excuse the fact that it's almost time for the books of July as we're getting to the end of the month. Here are the three books I read in June, I felt like I actually read less than this so I'm rather happy with three. I was super busy but I'm still ahead on my Goodreads challenge which is excellent! So here are three mini-reviews of books I've been wanting to read for a while...


P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

I really enjoyed the first To All the Boys I've Loved Before book in the series but as I didn't own the other two in the series I didn't get around to reading them until now. I knew the second Netflix movie was meant to be coming out this year so wanted to read it before that came out, turns out it's not til Nov/Dec time so there's still time people! While as expected the sequel isn't as great as the first book in the series it was still really enjoyable and Lara Jean is slowly starting to sound like her age which was the main problem I had with the first book.

1984 by George Orwell

This is one of those classics I've always wanted to read but put off for many years. I've finally gotten around to it and while it took me a wee while to get through it even though it's only 300 pages I did enjoy it. I definitely preferred the first part, learning all about the new world Winston was living in, and finally finding out all about Big Brother! The one thing that surprised me was the lack of what I like to call 'classic writing' with lots of fancy old words that I'm not used to reading which makes most classics a struggle to get through. If you're tossing up between reading this and not bothering because its an old classic I'd say go for it!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

One of my five vow to reread books of the year. I read this a fair few years ago and really enjoyed it but couldn't really remember the storyline, apart from of course romance does happen. That's my favourite part about rereads when you haven't read them in ages, is knowing you're going to enjoy it but can't really remember what happens so it almost feels like you're reading it for the first time. Anna's new life living and studying in Paris is just full of romance, hilarity and drama - it's great! Highly recommend this series. 

Have you read any of these? What did you think?



Post Comment
Post a Comment