Top Social

Recently Read #19 | Four books I read in July

Saturday 10 August 2019
Book flatlay - My Name is not Peaseblossom, Radioactive Evolution, Always and Forever Lara Jean, Puddin'.

July was a month of review copies and I'm not sorry about that, most of them were excellent and should go to the top of your TBR pile!

My Name is not Peasblossom by Jackie French*

While I did enjoy this book I felt like I was a little bit old for it (yes I know I'm getting old for YA but this felt like a young YA). I'm not super familiar with the play other than reading spark notes before reading the book so that may have added to the lower star rating, it was a unique retelling that I hadn't really come across before so Jackie French is definitely on to something!

Radioactive Evolution by Richard Hummel*

Before this book, I hadn't knowingly stepped into the genre that is LitRPG. I will say that although I enjoyed the whole gamelike aspect it did give me the kind of stress that video games give you. If you like any aspect of video gaming or dystopian stories with dragons I totally recommend Radioactive Evolution. Now I'm going to move onto the second book and the rest of the LitRPG genre! Full review on Bloggers Bookshelf.

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

A great ending to a great series, totally worth reading the entire series if you've already read and loved To All The Boys I've Loved Before. I think I actually preferred this one to the second book although it was a little predictable. It was as adorable and cute as the first two in the series and can't wait to see the movie (I'm assuming Netflix is going to do all three)!

Puddin' by Julie Murphy*

Ah, I loved this book! I haven't read the first one (*slaps hand*) but even though I've watched the movie and kind of know what happens I don't think you definitely need to read/see Dumplin' to understand Puddin'. It is its own story and boy did I fall in love with the characters they were just adorable, especially Millie. Full review to come, but until then I definitely recommend reading this!

*Review copy, all opinions are my own.


Follow
Post Comment
Post a Comment