Top Social

2020 books so far | 7 mini book reviews

Saturday 15 February 2020

Yes yes I know it's been a while but hey look at all the books I've read!?

Infinity Son by Adam Silvera 4/5

Didn’t know what to expect but I really enjoyed it! I haven’t been feeling a lot of fantasy type books in a while but this pulled me right back in. Good mix of drama, relationships, and relatability (as relatable as you can get to a kid with superpowers).


Rated by Melissa Grey 3/5

A random selection from the library that turned out to be rather enjoyable, ignoring the fact that not much actually happened it was an easy enjoyable read.

Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams 4/5

This reminded a fair bit of The Flatshare, which was my fave book of 2019, and similarly, it was filled with romance and laughs. A very easy read, however, it was slightly annoying at times when they’d miss each other by a slight moment again and again.

This is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay 4/5

Such an easy read! I really enjoyed Kay’s humour, and I was constantly laughing out loud. I wasn’t sure going into it as it’s hard to love a book with footnotes but other than feeling rather uncomfortable at times reading about some of the problems the women in the books went through (he’s an obs and gyne doc) it was an enjoyable read!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 4/5

My first reread of the year and it was a goodie!

Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth 3/5

I really enjoy the tv show so thought I should probably read the book. Turns out I prefer the tv show 😂 The book reads in the same style and tone as the narrator of the show talks which is fine for the intro and outro of the show. But the book is entirely in that tone and is a little boring and lacklustre, plus is a bit repetitive at times.


What have you been reading lately?


Post Comment
Post a Comment