Top Social

Recently Read #17 | 4 books I read in May

Thursday 13 June 2019
4 books I read in may and mini reviews. The Flat Share, Throne of Glass, Genuine Fraud, and Losing the Plot. [Book flatlay]

Another month bites the dust, and I finally finished all my physical review copies that have been hanging around, woo! I even discovered maybe my favourite book of the year??? How crazy is that?? I know this is late and it's practically mid-June now and we're almost halfway through the year but here's my May books and the maybe favourite book of the year...


Losing the plot by Elizabeth Coleman*

I really wanted to love this, the idea sounded really interesting but I struggled with the writing especially in the beginning. The way the story was written made it sound like Coleman had a really good ending in mind and then just filled the gaps to make sure that ending happened. In the beginning, it felt like entirely everything was going wrong for Vanessa to the point where it wasn't really believable. It did pick up and I enjoyed the ending but it was a bit of work - it might be your thing though don't get me wrong.

Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart

Having really enjoyed E.Lockhart's previous book I really wanted to read this. It's not a sequel to We Were Liars but it has a similar amount of mystery. It's kind of written back to front in different time stages leading to (or I guess away from) the big incident. Once you get used to the way it's written it's really good and gripping! Interesting storyline, nothing too new and exciting but still good and worth reading.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

This is one of those books I've wanted to read for ages but never got around to it. But now I finally did and it didn't disappoint. As expected from Sarah J. Maas the writing and storyline were excellent and the characters great. The shift in point of view didn't affect the story at all, it definitely added to it which most books don't. I only knocked off a star because parts of the ending annoyed me but it was a great book and I'm excited to get stuck into the next in the series!

The Flat Share by Beth O'Leary*

I really enjoyed this! The story was really funny and entertaining and while it was slightly predictable how it would end up that didn't affect the enjoyable quality of the book. The characters were adorable and I totally fell in love with them enough to skip my bedtime once or twice (which I don't usually do). Definitely want a sequel even though I have no idea how that would work but please. Five stars, excellent book, please read it!

Have you read any of these? What did you think?



Follow
*Gifted
Post Comment
Post a Comment