Top Social

Recently Read #16 | 5 books I read in April

Saturday 4 May 2019
Book Flatlay of The Binding by Bridget Collins, and The Steel Prince comic by V E Schwab

April was sort of a slow reading month, I spent most of the month trying to get through The Binding and the rest was spent reading other things to avoid reading The Binding. It wasn't a bad book, just took forever to get through. Anyway here's what I read!


Vox by Christina Dalcher

After hearing the blurb I really wanted to read it, the idea sounded really interesting and you know I couldn't deny another dystopian novel. Imagine only having 100 words a day (assuming you're female reading this according to my stats), I'm a quiet person but I use way more than 100 words a day. The storyline was a bit slow and definitely could've been better executed but I definitely enjoyed it and want to know more!

Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks*

I don't think I've ever read a Nicholas Sparks book that I've disliked, they've always been at least 3 stars if I recall correctly. They're always slightly similar; romance, heartbreak, and hilarity, but still different. I cried and I laughed, I got rather connected to the characters oops. Read the full review here.

The Steel Prince by V.E. Schwab

As much as I love V.E. Schwab and her Shades of Magic story (as you can tell from our latest Rants and Reviews episode) this was a bit average. The story jumped around a lot, which may be because it's her first comic rather than a novel, so it was hard to keep track of what was going on. It's nice to see the back story of King Maxim who you don't get too much information on in the series so I'm looking forward to the next comics.

The Binding by Bridget Collins*

Another really interesting idea of binding memories into books, but could've been taken further. I really enjoyed the beginning, but I really struggled with getting through the middle part. It took me so long to get through it that I almost put it down as a Did Not Finish but I pushed through and glad I did because the third part was great!

Cordially Invited by Zoe Sugg*

Zoella is a very controversial person, a lot of people love her and a lot hate her, I personally do enjoy watching her vlogs and knew before opening this book that it's going to be pretty. I admit I scanned through the text, having this book is not for reading,  it's for taking in all the lovely photos and doing the occasional recipe. There's nothing hugely unique in it, which is kind of expected, but man I do love a pretty staged photo. (If you're keeping count, don't worry I haven't counted this towards my yearly reading challenge)

*These books were gifted either by Hachette NZ or Harper Collins, all opinions are my own.

  Follow
Post Comment
Post a Comment