Top Social

Recently Read

Monday 16 February 2015

Recently since the start of the year I've read 5 books, a little ahead of my Goodreads challenge of 30 books but a little behind my Mum challenge where I want to beat her and she's on 9. I thought I would share some thoughts on these five: 

Bossypants - Tina Fey 
7/10
'Tina Fey's Autobiography' I read this because I thought it was going to be funny, but I think it might have been a bit better if I'd actually watched more of her shows, or like any of her shows. I did enjoy it though I won't say it wasn't funny it just probably would've been more funny if I had.

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
8/10
'Two misfits, one extraordinary love.' Although this was a very cheesy teen love story I did enjoy it and I have written a longer review on this one so check it out if you're interested. 

You're The One That I Want - Giovanna Fletcher 
7/10
'A story about a love triangle between three childhood best friends.' I admit I only picked this one up because it's written by Tom from McFly's wife. Also it was recommended by his sister Carrie Fletcher who's YouTube is here. I went into this book with some low expectations but this little love triangle was much better than the crappy one over in Twilight. However I did have hopes the entire book that the prologue actually didn't happen and she would end up with the other guy, spoiler alert the prologue comes true. 

Penelope - Rebecca Harrington
8/10
'Harvard freshman's story of her first year; full of parties, exams, and boys.' I really enjoyed this book and was thoroughly disappointed at the ending. It was an awful ending. Can Harrington just rewrite the ending and then I will give it a 9 or a 9.5 out of 10. 

Trouble - Non Pratt 
5/10 
'A pregnant teen learns the meaning of friendship - from the boy who pretends to be the baby's daddy.' Yes another recommendation from Carrie and I do not continue this recommendation. A teenage pregnancy book aimed at tweens is not a great book for an almost 21 year old. I should have seen this coming if I actually read the blurb or looked at the cover... 

So there we go! There's the first few books of the year and hopefully I continue to read at this pace and manage my 30 book challenge but I also have been stuck on the same book for 15 days now and I'm probably about 3 chapters in. Ya know the feeling?

Anyways I'm looking for a few better books to read so if you have any recommendations chuck us them in the comments! x