Top Social

Opshop Book Haul!

Friday 25 September 2015

I went to the Salvation Army the other day after a client meeting in town, and thought I may check out their book selection seen as I was passing by and I found my favourite book there last week. It was lucky I did as I managed to grab four books off my to read list and one of my favourite books, all for under $15!

Matilda - Roald Dahl
Of all the books I read in my childhood I've never actually read Matilda! I love the movie so much as I used to have a VCR tape that had both Matilda and Madeline on it and I watched that tape over and over again. I haven't actually seen Madeline since moving to DVDs however I'm always watching Matilda if it's on TV.

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
My Dad borrowed this book from his work colleague in January and both him, Mum, and myself took it in turns reading it before giving it back. I love it so much, as much as the ending makes me cry it's just an amazing story, the movie is just as good! I don't know what it is about war stories but I love them!

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi
Ever since seeing this book mentioned on Emily's YouTube channel I've seen it everywhere and wanted to read it. She actually didn't like it but that hasn't stopped me, I have it on my kindle waiting to be read but for $2 I thought I may as well get the actual book to read!

The Help - Kathryn Stockett
Another recommended book, Mum loved it and told me to read it so I'm going to! I did like the movie although it wasn't a favourite but I'm not going to let that ruin the book for me, books are always better than movies.

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare
Again another book I've been wanting to read for ages and another that has been sat on my kindle for ages. I've tried twice to read this before but I just couldn't get into it, thought maybe a physical book might help me concentrate and $3 for a very new hardcover book was hard to pass up really.

I'm planning to have a recently read post out next week so after I finish the last book for that I can start on these beauties and I can't wait. You just know that feeling when you're reading a really hard to read book that's taking ages and you have all these nice pretty books waiting for you? Yeah that.

Til next week! Also I'm going to WOW tomorrow and I can't wait, it's going to be amazing!


Post Comment
Post a Comment