Top Social

How to be a GIRLBOSS - Book Review

Friday 1 May 2015

I recently finished reading #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso with the book club I follow on Facebook and it got me feeling so inspired! 

Amoruso shows readers how to channel their passion and hard work, while keeping their insecurities from getting in the way. She offers straight talk about making your voice heard and doing meaningful work. ~ Goodreads 
It's a mismatch of advice and biographical stories which comes together into a pretty good book. Sophia pretty much tells you how she got to where she is and how it's possible for you to do the same. I wouldn't say it's the most inspirational book in any way but it made me think about my life a bit more and how I go about my profession. Of course that's not saying it's not the least inspirational book either it's like in my top 10 at least! Plus it has cute illustrations! 

Being in the design industry I rarely feel like I'm on top, I always feel like I'll forever be average. I get reasonably good grades, sometimes get used for examples but there's always people who seem so much better and ahead of the rest of us that I never feel like I'll catch up. Sometimes I feel like no matter what I do or how ever much time I spend working it's never good enough. Especially as in a latest project I got the same grade and percentage as someone else but had barely anything to fix while she had so much to fix. I just didn't really understand how that worked. With #Girlboss up my sleeve it's been like a little kick up the bum to do even more to get up to scratch. 

If you haven't found something you excel at yet there's this quote that's floating around the internet which days that 'Van Gogh didn't start painting til his late 20's, incase you feel like you haven't found your talent.' So you always have time to find your talent!

Post Comment
Post a Comment